JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
Position Title/Short Description
Title: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Santiago, Region Metropolitana, CHILE
JEL Classification: 00 — 00 – Default: Any Field
Assistant, Associate, Full Professor
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Economics Department (Instituto de Economía) at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (in Santiago) invites applications for two full-time position as Assistant/Associate/Full Professor. Candidates in any field will be considered. The expected start date is September 1, 2023.
According to the QS and Shangai Rankings, the Economics Department at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile consistently ranks first in Latin America. The Economics Department has about 2,000 students enrolled in undergraduate and post-graduate programs, which include 2 M.S. and 1 Ph.D. program.
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching its employee’s experience and in supporting its academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying genders, identities, and backgrounds.
The Economics Department is strongly committed to fostering a high-quality research environment, supported by:
- A teaching load of 3 courses per year. Teaching can be done either in English or Spanish during the first two years. Then, it is expected that the candidate should be able to teach in Spanish.
- A flexible research budget to participate in academic conferences and to support other research-related activities.
- An internationally competitive compensation package.
- Opportunities to apply for internal and external research grants.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. in Economics or equivalent.
- A demonstrated capacity to develop and communicate high-quality research and a good record of publications (for candidates applying to Associate/Full Professors).
- Commitment to excellence in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching, as well as student supervision and support.
- Capacity and willingness to work collaboratively and engage in activities that show good citizenship and public goods provision.
Qualified candidates with expertise and interest are encouraged to apply and should include the following as part of the application package:
- A cover letter (1 or 2 pages).
- Curriculum vitae.
- One or more research papers or publications.
- Teaching evaluations in case of previous experience.
- Three recommendation letters (for those applying to associate/full professor, 3 contact references).
In the case of a non-Chilean citizen, the successful candidate will need to obtain the appropriate visa, from the Chilean consulate corresponding to their place of residence, to become a member of the University´s faculty.
Please submit all documents no later than November 25, 2022. Interviews will be conducted online on early January 2023.
For more information, please write to Isidora Rivera, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of Reference
Job Market Paper
Application deadline: 11/25/2022
Recommendation letters for applicants at the assistant level. For those applying to associate/full professor, 3 contact references